Are Headaches getting in the way of you living with your life!
Are Headaches getting in the way of you living your life!
There is no such thing as a normal headache. There really isn’t! A headache is merely a symptom and it’s your body’s way of telling you something is wrong. In recent years, we at Wilson Health services have discovered that all headaches have one thing in common which is Stress! Stress can come in many forms including physical, chemical, and emotional origins.
Physical causes-long day sitting at a computer, poor sleep, ergonomics, poor pillow choices, car accidents, head injuries, and falls.
Chemical causes-Certain types of foods and additives, wine, artificial sweeteners, MSG, Caffeine, and many more…
Emotional causes-a heated confrontations or arguments, a stressful day, loss of a loved one Maybe I should take medication? Many people reach for Tylenol or Advil when they feel like a headache coming on. However, it is obvious that medication only masks the pain and doesn’t correct the root cause of the headache. You may notice that when you rely on medication the headaches keep coming back.
Tips for ridding yourself of headaches!
1) Consult a wellness Chiropractor- Misalignments in your spine do cause headaches. At Wilson Health Services we do a comprehensive examination of your spine and nervous system. We will identify any misalignments and work with you to develop a plan to address the cause of your headaches. Chiropractic is a safe, effective, drug free way to manage headaches.
2) Water, water, and more water- Let’s stay hydrated as it is estimated that 75% of North Americans are chronically dehydrated. We need approximately 8-10 glasses per day as a general guideline. A good trick is to carry a water a bottle around with you everywhere you go. Not a bad idea to add an occasional slice of fruit to it to make things a little more flavorful and fun!
3) Decrease Stress in your life- It is difficult to control all the stressors in your life but you can definitely take the steps to manage these factors. Try having consistent work-outs, meditation and connecting with loved ones.
4) Reduce inflammation naturally- Inflammation also causes headaches. Try to choose whole and unprocessed foods without additives, MSG and artificial sweeteners. Also remember, smoking alcohol and caffeine promote chronic inflammation!
5) Consider a food sensitivity test- At Wilson Health Services we have a Naturopathic Doctor, Marwa Dabbagh that can be a key player to helping you determine if you are suffering with any food sensitivities.
Good luck to all!
Dr. Jason Wilson